Student Visa/Residence permit


Passports must be valid for the entire period of the stay in France.
EU students do not need a passport to travel to France. A valid identity card is sufficient.


Students from EU countries need neither a visa to enter the country nor a residence permit. 
Other nationalities should consult the French Consulate in their home country for visa requirements.

There are short term and long term student visas.

  • Short-Stay Visas (less than 90 days)
  • Extended-Stay Student Visa (for academic periods of 3 months to a year), with Residency Permit (VLS-TS).  Holders of the VLS-TS visa have to report to the French Office of Immigration and Integration (OFII) and complete several administrative formalities.


In 30 countries, the process of applying for and receiving a student visa is now web-based. Students from those countries are required to use the online process.  If you live in one of the below countries, you must use the online CEF procedure. In these countries, Campus France’s local websites are used by students to apply for admission to post-secondary institutions and to request an entry visa.  More information about the online procedure can be found on the Campus France website:

Algeria Argentina Benin Brazil Burkina Faso Cameroon
Canada Chile China Colombia Congo (Brazzaville) Cote d’Ivoire
Gabon Guinea India Japan Lebanon Madagascar
Mali Morocco Mauritius Mexico Senegal Russia
South Korea Syria Taiwan Tunisia Turkey USA

En poursuivant votre navigation sur ce site, vous acceptez l'utilisation de cookies. en savoir plus

Les paramètres des cookies sur ce site sont définis sur « accepter les cookies » pour vous offrir la meilleure expérience de navigation possible. Si vous continuez à utiliser ce site sans changer vos paramètres de cookies ou si vous cliquez sur "Accepter" ci-dessous, vous consentez à cela.