Enhancing your Experience through Participation in Student Clubs
Playing an active role within a student club enables students to put into practice and finely tune the interpersonal and management skills that are highlighted by Efrei Paris’s program. Through participation in school community projects, students develop their sense of leadership, their organization, communication and negotiation skills; they learn how to work efficiently in a team, how to resolve conflicts and also how to manage time and cope with stress. Furthermore, managing a project requires students to learn the different procedural steps needed for its successful development:
- designing and implementing a project
- applying for financial subsidies
- drawing up specifications
- recruiting members
- organizing the distribution of tasks
- finding sponsors and fundraising
- managing logistics
- running communication campaigns on and off campus
All of the above experience reinforces students’ training in management and enriches their CVs/resumes.
“Recruiters know what they are looking for: engineers who have developed both their expertise and personal ethics in addition to managerial skills, they value future employees who have school community experience as they will be called to integrate multicultural teams, be extremely adaptable and all of this on an international level.”
The Clubs & Organizations Website
International students play an active part in Efrei Paris’s clubs and organizations. Experience within clubs and organizations is a unique opportunity where strong links are forged between students.
Efrei Paris’s clubs and organizations cover a wide range of interests, and the investment made is obviously worthwhile since they are ranked regularly at the top of major national and international competitions such as SIFE, Euromanager, Imagine Cup, etc.
Go to the Clubs & Organizations website to find out more about the clubs and organizations on campus.
There are over fifty clubs and organizations on campus which are involved in a wide variety of areas:
- Humanitarian: community service, international aid
- Entrepreneurship: finance, etc.
- Information technologies: video games, 3D, Google, Mac, Linux, Microsoft, etc.
- Media: press, photo, video, etc.
- Arts: theatre, graphics, dance, etc.
- Culture: gastronomy, œnology, cinema, etc.
- Training: school support (lower and upper secondary schools), office support for job seekers, training for managers, training for the elderly, etc.
- Events management: ICT-related conferences, days dedicated to clubs and organizations, photo exhibitions, events, formal dinners, etc.
- Sport: football, parachuting, sailing, etc.
You can earn money by investing in clubs and organizations which provide services to paying customers.
EFFOR (an approved continuous training body, managed by the students), SEPEFREI (Efrei Paris’s Junior Enterprise) are clubs and societies which offer several paid assignments to Efrei Paris students. In 2008, their sales reached over €150,000.
To learn more about the achievements of Efrei Paris’s clubs and organizations, read the following articles:
- Sife 2010
- Euromanager 2009
- SIFE 2009, Students in Free Enterprises
- Subhaneel Biswas, India [Efrei Paris, Class of 2009], speaker during the SIFE competition (France and World final) was the subject of a great article in 01 Informatique.
- Imagine Cup 2009, the digital Olympic Games